Monday, August 3, 2015

Taco Bell: A Tribute




Taco Bell: you either love this place or you love this place.... there doesn't seem to be an in between. My favorite time for this guilty pleasure is at 3am on a Saturday morning when I'm unable to cook for myself without risking burning my house down.


Well, it used to be my favorite time to get me some Taco Bell.
Now, with all of the branded items they sell in the grocery stores, I can recreate these recipes at home... when I'm sober that is! I'll keep adding recipes to this blog as I make them to share with you all, because we all need a little Taco Bell in our lives.




So, there was a debate on my Facebook page on what item I recreated first. They guessed crunchwrap, encheritos, chalupas, and other items.... NOPE! (All great guesses though and thanks for the ideas for my next Taco Bell tribute recipes.)


The Mexican Pizza is one of my favorite offerings from Taco Bell. The crunchiness of the fried tortillas mixed with the flavors of an enchilada, in a tower of yumminess! How can you not love it?


So, here's how you can make it at home:


Taco Bell Style Mexican Pizza 



Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 packet Taco Bell seasoning
1 14-15 oz can Taco Bell refried beans
1 12 oz can Taco Bell red enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
8- 4in flour tortillas
your choice of toppings, ex: tomatoes, green onions, olives, sour cream, salsa


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 2 skillets over medium heat on the stove; one of them with an inch of canola oil in the pan. Also, in a small saucepan, heat refried bean through on low heat.


2. Brown ground beef in one skillet. Add in taco seasoning. Drain if needed. In the other skillet, fry each of the flour tortillas until slightly puffed and starting to turn golden brown, about 2 minutes, turning once.


3. Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.  Lay one tortilla on sheet. Spread with beans, then, with meat. Cover with second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread top tortilla with sauce, then, top with cheese and desired toppings. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted completely. Cool slightly before cutting.
Makes 4 pizzas.

If you enjoy my recipes, like me on Facebook @ Brandee's Basics. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: